Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Sweet potato brownies (gluten-free)

This sweet potato brownie recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, and extremely easy to make. It’s a perfect healthy dessert option with a bonus dose of nutrients!

Hey hey friends! How’s the week going? We’re just taking it easy over here, and slowly getting back in the swing of life after our amazing Chicago trip. I don’t usually dread Mondays, but it hit me pretty hard this week. We were late for school drop-off and of course I was still in my pajamas. So there ya go. 

I’m still sorting through our Chicago pics and will prob have recap part 2 up on Thursday. 🙂 I taught two barre classes yesterday, and have gotten back into the usual child wrangling/work/house chores/cooking routine. Madre, Liv and I made tacos with homemade tortillas last night, and even though we’re still a little ways away, I’m already excited for the weekend. A friend suggested a day trip to Tallahassee, and I’ve never been! If the timing works out, it will be a lot of fun to check out a barre class and stop at Trader Joe’s for all of the pumpkin things!! What new holiday items do they have in stock? Any awesome finds lately? (I guess they have a fall salsa that’s calling my name.)

Sweet potato brownies 4

So for today, I have a recipe for youuuuuu. This is based on a fave from the past. It was due for a photo upgrade, so I tweaked the recipe a bit.

I love the idea of using sweet potato or pumpkin instead of starch/fat for certain baked goodies. Sometimes it works surprisingly well and gives it a light sweetness + awesome texture. A great example of this is in these pumpkin chocolate chip bars. If you make one pumpkin recipe, this has to be it!

But for now, we’re throwing a little love the sweet potato’s way with this sweet and gluten-free treat:

sweet potato brownies!!!

Sweet potato brownies 3

If you’re looking for a healthy, slightly sweet treat, this is it! And it has sweet potatoes, so it’s basically like eating a vegetable.

Sweet potato brownies 2

You get a bonus dose of nutrients, and they’re so easy to put together. I usually have a leftover baked sweet potato in the fridge, which is often destined for almond butter and cinnamon. This takes things to the next level with chocolate. When I told Liv I made sweet potato brownies, she was like, “Oooh that’s weird.” And then she ate two.

Sweet potato brownies 5

Here’s the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!

Sweet potato brownies

Makes about 12 brownies

Ingredients:

2 cups cooked sweet potato (from one large sweet potato or two smaller sweet potatoes)

1 heaping tablespoon almond butter 

2 eggs

3/4 your favorite dark chocolate bar

1/4 cup almond meal

1/4 cup maple syrup

2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Pinch of sea salt

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a small baking dish with nonstick spray. (i used 9×13.)

2. Mix all of the ingredients, minus the chocolate chips, in a mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.

3. Smooth the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 22-25 minutes until set. Then, enjoy your vegetable! 😉

Please let me know what you think!

So tell me, friends: what’s your favorite sweet potato recipe?

Anyone else have a Monday fail this week?

xoxo

Gina

The post Sweet potato brownies (gluten-free) appeared first on The Fitnessista.



from The Fitnessista http://ift.tt/2ypXbOp
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts