Thursday, June 29, 2017

Friday Faves

Helloooooo! It’s the freakin’ weekend. FINALLY. Is it just me, or did the week drag on a little bit? Or maybe I was just a little overeager for the weekend, the Pilot being home, and spending time with friends. My good friend Ashley and her husband are in town, and we’re going to spend the day yoga-ing, grabbing breakfast, and heading out to dinner tonight. This weekend we also have a short trip to JAX planned (wahoo!), and time together as a family. I’d love to hear what you’re up to!

In standard Friday fashion, here are some faves from the week and around the web. I always love hearing about your favorites, too, so please share the goodness in the comments section if you’d like to join in the fun.

The girls blueberry picking

Blueberry picking! We caught a bit of sun earlier this week, so the girls and I ventured out to Mallory’s Farm for blueberry picking. P and I shared a bucket, and Liv had her own bucket. I learned very quickly that I needed to put 90% of the blueberries I picked into Liv’s bucket, because here’s what happened with mine and P’s. 

Blueberry bandit

I asked the sweet lady at the desk to charge me double for the blueberries because at least half were eaten in the process, and she said it happens all the time, and didn’t end up charging us at all. We’ll definitely be back to see her.

selfie with the girls while blueberry picking

They also had a beautiful horse,

Liv petting the horse

a cow, and a goat at the farm, which were huge hits with the girls.

We picked the sweetest, most beautiful blueberries.

Live and her blueberries

They lasted less than 12 hours. 

colander of blueberries

PACKED barre classes. Barre is pretty new to Valdosta, and I’m so excited to have such amazing ladies and dudes who have come to take my classes. 

Me at the barre

(leggings are here!)

Date night with the Pilot at Giulio’s. The food is so delicious and it’s such a cute little spot. I got the chicken with lots of veggies, and we shared stuffed grape leaves and Greek salads. 

Giulio's

How Pilates and my mat saved me.

Gut health is SO important. 

I want to go back to Positano every day.

7 reasons to slow down this summer.

All of the random creatures we’ve seen this week. We had an enormous turtle on our patio:

Myrtle the turtle

(Liv and I made him a nice salad)

a toad on the back porch,

Tom and the toad

and stopped to pet a bunch of feral cats outside of Giulio’s.

I can’t wait to make these!

Tips on deciding if you’re meal hungry or snack hungry.

Egyptian licorice tea. This has been one of my favorite teas for a couple of years now, and for some reason, I hadn’t picked it up in forever. When I saw it at Target, I got so excited and have been enjoying a mug almost every day this week. I love the natural sweetness and light spice; it’s absolutely delicious and caffeine-free. 

THIS SONG. If you need a song to pump up your next weights or cardio session, this is it. It’s been my favorite for teaching this week.

 

Hope you have a very happy Friday!

xoxo

Gina

Workouts for the weekend: 

Total body circuit and HIIT

Resistance band loop

Barre ab workout

The post Friday Faves appeared first on The Fitnessista.



from The Fitnessista http://ift.tt/2s8D04I
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts