Sunday, December 31, 2017

12/31: Meals and fitness for the week

Hi friends! How’s your weekend going? We’re enjoying the time together and getting a lot done around the house. 9 months later, we’re officially moved in! The Pilot unpacked the last boxes in the garage, set up the home gym, and cleared out the office. We spent yesterday taking down the Christmas decorations – it was our last day to get it done before heading back to the normal routine – and the house feels so empty. At the same time, everything feels fresh, clean, and ready to start 2018. (That rhyming tho.)  Happy New Years Eve!

We capped off the day of packing and cleaning with a little date night: dinner at Giulio’s. 

Dinner at guilios

 Here I am, Sunday blogging like the good ol’ days. I’ve had some requests to bring back my weekly meal and fitness post, especially since it’s a great way to share some fitness and eats motivation with each other. So I’m going to try it out for a while and if ya like it, it will stay! This is also when I’ll be posting the weekly Winter Shape Up info so you have it before each week begins. (The WSU fun starts January 15!)

Working out

I feel like so many of us are back into the meal planning and prepping mojo, especially after a holiday season that tended to revolve around delicious and treats and on-the-fly meals. I’m definitely inspired to get my meal prep pants back on and set us up with healthy eats, especially since the girls are headed back to school, gymnastics, dance, and all that fun stuff. Things get a little more hectic around here! (I’m already mourning the fact that I can no longer wear my pajamas all day.)

Here’s what I have on the menu this week:

Dinner ideas:

Sunday: Dinner in Jax

Monday: Chicken tacos with homemade tortillas, guac, and beans

Tuesday: Sunbasket (use my code to get $35 off! We rotate between Sunbasket and Blue Apron and love them both. I prefer Sunbasket on the weeks I want to eat really clean, and the girls love the meals from the family plan, too.)

Sunbasket chicken w chimmichurri

Wednesday: Sunbasket

Thursday: Coconut shrimp curry with rice and salad

Friday: Out!

Saturday: Homemade pizzas (I’ll do BBQ chicken for everyone else and Caulipower for myself)

Breakfast and lunches:

Protein baked oatmeal (recipe on the way) + side of scrambled eggs

Daily Harvest soups and smoothies (I’ve been loving these so much lately! I’ll just add some protein powder and collagen to the smoothies for a little boost, and on the days I’m frozen, the soups have been warming and hearty.)

Daily harvest 2

Salads: grilled chicken, chopped veggies, Primal Kitchen dressing and a sweet potato on the side

Eats-wise, I’m doing something starting this week: No Sugar January. I’ve done this a few times, and it’s an easy way to reset my cravings after a sugar avalanche. Too much sugar zaps my energy, and when I have a ton sugar (usually during the holidays), I find that it becomes a habit instead of something I truly enjoy. (Like cramming a Justin’s peanut butter cup into my mouth as I wait for the water to heat for tea.)

Anyone want to join me? I’m looking forward on focusing on protein, healthy fats, produce and grains for the next month. (I’ll probably take a day off for Liv’s birthday because cake.)

Here’s what the fitness plan looks like for the week:

Workouts:

Sunday: shopping cardio in Jacksonville. I really get my heart rate up in Nordstrom and Trader Joe’s

Monday: HIIT and legs (testing workouts for a little something new headed your way)

Tuesday: Easy steady state

Wednesday: Upper body + dance cardio (I also teach barre this day)

Thursday: OFF

Friday: today’s Orangetheory workout

Saturday: Easy steady state

For more fitness ideas, there are lots on the fitness page to mix and match.

So tell me, friends: what’s on the menu this week? When you set up your fitness plan, do you have a format you follow or just take it day by day?

Cheers to the end of 2017!

xoxo

Gina

Meal prep posts:

Healthy meal prep for a week

$60, 1 hour, 5 days of daytime eats

Plan and prep: 1 hour of clean eats

$20 daytime snack ideas

The post 12/31: Meals and fitness for the week appeared first on The Fitnessista.



from The Fitnessista http://ift.tt/2lxjHjx
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts