Friday, September 1, 2017

Friday Faves

Hi friends! Happy Friday!! Three cheers for a long weekend, and for packing up the kiddos for a surprise Disney trip. Liv will probably figure it out as soon as we get on the freeway, and I can’t wait to see the look on their little faces. I’d love to hear what you have going on, too. Any BBQs or fun events going on?

I was cleared to work out again (wahoo! No heavy weights yet) so I’m excited to do a Physique 57 online class (skipping the push-ups and core work) and maybe go for a walk-jog. 

Barre socks

(Old pic. Excited to get back in the swing of things!)

Some faves from the week and around the web: 

Picnic

(Just having a picnic on the driveway)

Your amazing comments on my last post. Every time I put myself “out there,” your comments, messages and emails are so reassuring. I’m beyond thankful for those of you who chimed in with your kind wishes and positivity. I was also so surprised that so many of you have been reading since the birth of the blog! Thank you so so much for your love and support. I’m a lucky girl to have you all as my virtual BFFs.

Having Ariana here!! Since I couldn’t lift P until last Friday, and the Pilot had an out-of-town work trip leading up to that, she came to help me out with the girls while he was gone. She was our beloved babysitter when we were in San Diego -we consider her part of our family- and I was so pumped when she said she’d come out here and hang out with us for a while. The girls were ecstatic, and we loved taking her to our favorite V-town spots.

P with ariana

At night, we drank wine and watched Grey’s Anatomy

Speaking of Grey’s Anatomy, it definitely deserves its own Friday Faves spot. I hadn’t watched it for YEARS, and Ari got me back into it. We started season 13, and she gave me the up-to-date info on all of the characters. I’m almost done with the season, and what do I watch when it’s over?! It’s been SO GOOD. 

Greys anatomy season 13 episode 3 nathan meredith 750x522

(Source)

Shopping for Chicago outfits. I’m kind of in love with this dress and this dress. 

All of these years later, we still want a goat. Or five. One day.

W the goats

We want one

THIS CEREAL. So back when we were in Tucson, I was obsessed with the Julian’s Bakery Paleo cereal. It’s basically coconut flakes, but tastes like coconutty corn flakes. Thrive Market discontinued it, and I’m pretty sure I cried. 

Coconut flakes

Looks like they were spending that time coming up with their own version and it’s AMAZING. I’ve had some for dessert (after watching Grey’s) almost every night this week.

How to be an expert yoga teacher.

If you’ve been scared to try a cauliflower smoothie -I was, too!- this looks like a great starting point.

This kale salad needs to happen ASAP.

Some ways to change up your core training.

New workout features on the Apple watch.

Tuna salad in a coconut wrap. I’ll make the tuna salad with Safe Catch tuna, Paleo mayo, chopped cornichons, onion and carrots. Then I’ll wrap it up in a coconut wrapper (also from Thrive Market) with spinach. So simple and so good. 

Tuna wrap

Labor Day Sales! So many awesome sales happening this weekend:

J Crew– 30% off with code YESPLEASE (this is the perfect fall jacket and I loooove this top)

LOFT– 30% off full-price items

Urban Outfitters– 30% off sale items

Banana Republic– 40% off (<— solid collection of men’s shirts right now)

Etsy– up to 60% off

Nicole Miller sale– 40% off

rag & bone- 30% off sale items with code LABORDAY30

Express– 40% off everything. Love this top, this dress, and these jeans)

Happy Friday, friends.

xoxo

Gina

****** I’ve been shocked and saddened by the Hurricane Harvey devastation, and am praying for all of my friends in Texas. For the month of September, all of my Beautycounter commission will go directly to the Red Cross. 

The post Friday Faves appeared first on The Fitnessista.



from The Fitnessista http://ift.tt/2wokppL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts