Friday, February 14, 2020

Friday Faves

Hey hey! Happy Friday and happy Valentine’s Day! I hope your day is filled with flowers, chocolate, and time with those you love. The Pilot is off work and in town today, which is a gift in itself. I’m so excited to have him here and celebrate the day with our two favorite lil valentines.

IMG 4684

We have some fun surprises planned for the girls and I can’t wait. I’d love to hear what you’re up to!

Valentines

(Shiba coin purses, Reese’s, these cool electronic writing tablets and the Pilot got them each glitter roses)

This week has been pretty busy with wrapping up book stuff – my manuscript is due on Tuesday – and the usual shenanigans. We had choir rehearsal this week (I’m loving it so, so much), I taught a bootcamp and spin class, and shuffled the girls around to all of their activities. They both moved up in gymnastics this week, which was really exciting. P is moving from the little kids’ gym to the big kids’ gym and Liv is already in one of the advanced levels. They’re rocking it!

It’s time for the weekly Friday Faves party. This is where I share some of my favorite finds from the week and around the web. I always love to hear about your faves, too, so please shout out something you’re lovin’ in the comments section below.

Read, watch, listen:

I felt this post so strongly in my heart (and also why I feel incredibly happy yet cringe at televised military reunions).

Tucson is amazing.

New parent anxiety is for real (and I feel like it lasts way past the newborn stage).

Fashion + beauty:

Countertime comes with a free full-sized eye cream! Check it out here. This is the line I use daily and love. The serum and supreme cream are my faves.

Ok, so I didn’t know if these would make it as a fave for this week, but here they are! I ordered this Static Nails set after being ad targeted on Facebook. (PS once I was looking in FB settings and they classified me as a “very engaged shopper.” Busted lol.) I’ve been going a bit longer in between dip appointments because of deadlines and time. I’ve been taking the dip polish off, wearing regular nail polish for a week or so, then getting dip again. After having dip powder on my nails for over a year, I can’t stand the way regular polish looks and feels. I feel like I can see all of the ridges in my nails from where the spinning tool thing shaved off my nail and the polish cracks in a day.

DB48A375 9B87 4369 9117 9250C7D3FB74

The Static Nail polish said it would last up to 10 days and is vegan, cruelty-free, and made with nontoxic ingredients. It also had overwhelmingly positive reviews so I decided to give it a whirl.

IMG 4727

The bottles are very small. They’re like 1/3 the size of a regular bottle of polish, but you get a lot of different shades in the set. I love all of the neutral colors! You wash your hands, paint on the primer, 2 coats of polish, and then top coat, making sure to seal the top of each nail. It took a long time to dry (about 20 minutes) and seemed gummy at first but it’s lasted pretty well! I’m on day 3 with only one small chip and I like that the top coat is super shiny. I’m getting dip again tomorrow (thank goodness), but this will be my go-to in between appointments.

This coverup! It’s another one I ordered for our trip and it was only $30. The fabric is a bit wrinkly, but surprisingly nice, and it will be so cute over a suit with a hat this spring/summer.

Fitness:

Try this Valentine’s Day partner workout!

Total body partner workout 1

What’s on your workout playlist?

High tempo music can make exercise easier and more beneficial

Happy Friday, friends!

xoxo

Gina

The post Friday Faves appeared first on The Fitnessista.



from The Fitnessista https://ift.tt/2UPUnIT
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts