Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Chocolate protein bars (with sweet potato)

These chocolate protein bars are vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and make an awesome balanced macro snack. You can make these as part of meal prep, or enjoy them as a healthy treat that tastes like dessert.

Chocolate protein bars

Hi friends! How’s the morning treating ya? Thank you for all the well wishes for the doc yesterday. I had a great appointment, and feel a thousand times better about things. I really appreciate those of you who sent a little note.

This week, we’ve been back in the swing of life and back to the usual crazy routine. It’s Liv’s LAST week of kindergarten (hold meeeee), and then we’re catapulting right towards summer mode. I can’t wait! With everything we have going on, I like to think my snack game has been pretty strong this week! The past few weeks I found myself skipping meals because I was either stressed with the doctor stuff or I hadn’t planned ahead, and then made it up with chocolate-covered pecans later. (Probably the #3 thing I’ll miss the most about Valdosta when we leave. Good thing they ship, ha.) This week, I’ve loaded up the fridge with chopped veggies, homemade hummus, turkey meatballs (I’ll share the recipe soon!) and old blog favorites, like these ridiculous chocolate protein bars.

Chocolate protein bars4

These are super easy to put together, and I love that they have a natural sweetness + awesome texture from baked sweet potato. They’re a great component for meal prep, plus are gluten-free, vegan, and balanced in macros. 

Here’s the recipe if you’d like to give them a try!

Chocolate protein bars with sweet potato

Chocolate Protein Bars with Sweet Potato
Serves 3
A delicious and healthy treat that tastes like dessert. I like to have 2 squares for a sweet, protein-dense snack. This one is vegan, gluten-free, and has an awesome texture with no added fat.
Write a review
Print
Prep Time
15 min
Prep Time
15 min
Ingredients
  1. 1/3 C sweet potato flesh (from a large baked sweet potato. The canned stuff doesn't taste as good)
  2. 2 eggs
  3. 1 egg white
  4. 1/2 chocolate bar, melted (can use a double-boiler if you're feeling fancy, or a glass bowl in the microwave. Microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stopping to stir in between)
  5. 2 scoops protein powder of choice (I used vanilla Garden of Life; chocolate would be awesome, too)
  6. 1/3 C brown rice flour (or any gluten-free flour)
  7. 1 t vanilla
  8. 1/4 t baking powder
  9. pinch salt
  10. pinch cinnamon
  11. Sweetener of choice if needed (maple syrup, honey, Stevia, coconut sugar)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray a small baking dish (I used an 8x8 dish) with nonstick spray or coconut oil.
  2. Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Pour mixture into the baking dish and smooth with a spatula.
  3. Bake 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the "cake" comes out clean.
The Fitnessista https://ift.tt/2gJS44w
Nutrition stats can be found here. (6 servings // 88 cal per serving // 10g carb // 5g protein // 3g fat // WW smart points: 3)

Please let me know what you think. 🙂 

Have a happy Tuesday and I’ll see ya in the morning with a new workout!

xo

Gina

Photos: Ari at Well Seasoned

The post Chocolate protein bars (with sweet potato) appeared first on The Fitnessista.



from The Fitnessista https://ift.tt/2x8eN5M
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts