Wednesday, November 8, 2017

all the classics

Hi friends! How’s the morning going so far? We’re hanging out here around the house, I’m trying to brainstorm some new ideas for today’s barre classes (we did a seated sequence last week that was killer!) and enjoying a slow morning. Somehow the stars aligned and I was able to crush a morning workout! It felt so good to sweat a little with a PBB advanced strength set and enjoy some tea before the girls woke up.

I’ve been making a conscious effort to crash a bit earlier, even though I have a new Netflix addiction: The Great British Baking Show. I’m only on the first season (no spoilers, please!! haha), and I’m cheering for Martha. I can’t believe her mad baking skills at such a young age. I have a feeling Nancy will win, but we shall see. If you haven’t watched it, it’s a competition between 12 British bakers. They’re all normal people from different professions and demographics – there’s a construction worker, a grandfather, an IT tech, retired baker, a young teen, etc. – who just happen to love baking and be extremely good at it. It’s the perfect show to have on in the background while I work and the British humor cracks me up. Last time I was trying to find a new show to get into, I was surprised to see all of the 90s nostalgia. It’s like all of the movies from my childhood were on there! (Man of the House?! WHAT.) 

I felt the same way walking into Target. It was all velvet and chokers, and I recently saw a Facebook video that butterfly clips are back. I hope Liv is into it because I can make her some AWESOME butterfly clip braid combos.

Also, mom jeans?!
 2017 Fall street style. Classic v-neck sweater, high rise jeans and black mules (Jeans are here)

I fought the high-waist thing for so, so long because I have a short torso and most variations would end up at my chest. Stitch Fix sent me a destroyed variation in my last fix, and since I was keeping everything else, they were practically free with the 25% “keep everything” discount. I’ve ended up wearing them SO.MANY.TIMES.

The fabric is really light and stretchy, and they feel like leggings. I figured I can rock some mom jeans because I am indeed a mom. Just living my truth.
 2017 Fall street style. Classic v-neck sweater, high rise jeans and black mules 
I’ve also been living in these mules from Nordstrom. They were less expensive than the other variations I’d checked out and super comfy. They’re also 40% off right now!

2017 6 ZF 4064 51654 1 005

Here we are: the latest uniform, complete with the perfect black long-sleeve tee. It’s thinner than a sweater, but a bit warmer than my usual long-sleeve tees. Perfect for fall!

2017 Fall street style. Classic v-neck sweater, high rise jeans and black mules 

So tell me, friends: what’s your favorite show on Netflix? I tried to watch Stranger Things but couldn’t get into it.

High waist jeans: have you embraced it, or stayed away? 

Have a wonderful morning!

xo

 

Photos: Lindsay Colson

The post all the classics appeared first on The Fitnessista.



from The Fitnessista http://ift.tt/2zrVsd8
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts