Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Chocolate protein chia pudding (gluten-free and vegan)

This chocolate protein chia pudding is the perfect make-ahead breakfast. Simply prep it the night before, and this creamy, chocolate-y gluten-free and vegan pudding will be waiting for ya when you wake up.

Hey friends! How’s the day going? I hope you’re enjoying the morning. I’m so happy you’re excited about the new fitness plans! Make sure to grab your spot now if you’d like to join in the fun.

I had high hopes for this week because I’ve been listening to the The Miracle Morning on Audible. While the book, on the whole, isn’t my very fave (the author is his biggest fan), I love the idea of it: waking up on my own terms and setting myself up for a good day with a positive mindset. You start the day earlier than usual (about an hour earlier) and spend that time meditating, reading, working on affirmations, writing and moving. I could picture myself starting the day energized and centered, instead of a frantic mombie.

Sunday night, I was ready to go. I went to bed way earlier (10:30!) and set out my book to read, a notebook for journaling, my yoga mat towel, and a large bottle of water. 

But then I tossed and turned, knowing I had to wake up early, and then was up with P for 3 hours during the night. I kept checking my phone to see what time it was, which was a huge mistake because it just makes me feel frustrated and slightly bummed about the sleep I’m missing. So I decided to sleep past my alarm and, instead of waking up early, I let my human alarm clocks wake me up. I don’t think that the book accounts for life with small children and also don’t think that less sleep is the right answer. So, I’m going to keep trying, and on a day where they get to bed early and actually sleep through the night, I’m going for it. I’ll definitely report back on my progress (or lack thereof).

After my failed Miracle Morning attempt, I stumbled into the kitchen to start the water for tea and grabbed Liv’s packed lunch from the fridge. Then, I saw it. The chia pudding I’d made the night before. And that, my friends, was a miracle in my morning haha.
 A delicious make-ahead chocolate chia pudding. A perfect healthy breakfast recipe! fitnessista.com 

Vegan Chocolate Chia Pudding

As the weather warms up, I find myself gravitating back towards cold breakfasts like overnight oats or dairy-free yogurt parfaits. I also live for things like the breakfast cookie, and this protein oatmeal bake and this vegan peach oatmeal bake. When breakfast is waiting, it guarantees that I’ll have something to eat in the morning, because sometimes it’s too busy around here to make the usual egg scramble until after both kiddos are dropped off.

Here’s a chia pudding recipe that I’ve been loving! It’s packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats, so when I pair it with a side of scrambled eggs I’m full and satisfied for hours. You can customize it by adding any fruit or toppings you’d like. My go-to’s are berries, cacao nibs and unsweetened coconut.

Chocolate chia pudding

Here’s the recipe if you’d like to give it a try!

Vegan Chocolate Chia Pudding
Serves 1
Write a review
Print
Ingredients
  1. 2 tablespoons chia seeds
  2. 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder (I used Garden of Life vanilla grain-free from Thrive Market)
  3. 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  4. Pinch of sea salt
  5. 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  6. 3/4 cup - 1 cup almond milk (use less for a thicker pudding)
  7. Toppings: granola, berries, coconut, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, gogi berries, etc.
Instructions
  1. Mix all ingredients in a glass or small bowl.
  2. Cover and set in the fridge overnight.
  3. The next morning, stir well, add your toppings, and go!
The Fitnessista https://ift.tt/2gJS44w

This chocolate protein chia pudding is the perfect make-ahead breakfast. Simply prep it the night before, and this creamy, chocolate-y gluten-free and vegan pudding will be waiting for ya when you wake up. fitnessista.com #chocolatechiapudding #chocolatechiaproteinpudding #makeaheadbreakfast #veganrecipes #veganbreakfast

Hope you have a wonderful morning and I’ll see ya soon.

xo

The post Chocolate protein chia pudding (gluten-free and vegan) appeared first on The Fitnessista.



from The Fitnessista https://ift.tt/2H8sSka
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts