Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Bodybuilding and Olympic Weightlifting Aren't Mutually Exclusive

Adding bodybuilding work to your weightlifting practice has its benefits, both ways.

"I’m chasing performance, not looks," seemed to be the narrative from the Olympic weightlifting community for a while. There appeared to be no room for time spent on focused, strategic muscle building. I was a part of the community. I heard many say it. But I was always confused as to why functional bodybuilding and training for performance in a sport had to be mutually exclusive. It had never been for me, although I must admit, I’ve often mistakenly not kept it as a priority.

 

read more



from Breaking Muscle https://ift.tt/2GtQJwb
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts