Friday, July 26, 2019

Friday Faves

Hi hi! Happy weekend to ya. What are you up to? The girls and I are having a Friday Fun Day – going to the Children’s Museum and then hitting up the pool with some friends. We’re officially done with camps and I can’t believe that school starts so soon! The rest of the weekend will be the usual shenanigans: lots of time with the fam, catching up on stuff around the house (I’m finally picking a paint color for the dreaded red wall), and work stuff. I have something exciting (*cough* leggings *cough*) that will be launching August 8, so keep your eyes peeled for that. 😉

It’s time for the weekly Friday Faves party! This is where I share some of my faves from the week and around the web. I always love to hear what you’re loving, too, so please shout out a fave in the comments section below. 

Gelato

(Wearing this dress)

Life/random:

A momcation! I shared this one Instagram and so many friends said they used it to casually hint to their husbands that they could use a little R&R. I was feeling worn down after some rough nights of sleep around here. With the Pilot’s job transition, it has really shaken up our routine, and unfortunately, sleep has been affected. [Sometimes, I hesitate to write about sleep because I undoubtedly receive a few “You’re a bad parent! Make your kids sleep!” comments. Our kids are well-behaved, kind, polite, little loves, and sometimes they don’t sleep so well. I’ll take that any day of the week over a kid who sleeps peacefully through the night but is a jerk to other people.] Anyway, I was a walking zombie after being awake since 3:30am for about 3 days, and Tom booked me a room at the Lodge so I could catch up on some zzzzs.

It. was. everything.

Hotel wakeup

I drank red wine out of a Yeti cup, snuggled on the couch in a blanket reading for 3 blissful hours, and then slept for 10. I woke up to the sun peeking through the clouds, and felt like a new human being. Cheers to doing what we need to do to take care of our selves so we can give to others, and cheers to the husbands out there who sometimes know exactly what we need. 

Celebrating Nani’s birthday! The fam came over for a little birthday feast and celebration. Kyle grilled steaks and asparagus,

Grilled feast

madre brought amazing potatoes, and I made the usual enormous cheese board, 

IMG 0786

 

and Uncle E’s famous pasta salad. 

Pasta salad

 

 

We drank margaritas, spent the evening taking turns holding baby August and watching one of the kids’ many performances for us, and ate cake and cupcakes. It was perfect.

Hbd nani

 

Duolingo. Does anyone else use this fun tool? It’s a great way to practice another language and has been an excellent opportunity to brush up my español. (Growing up, I always did the thing where family would speak to me in Spanish and I’d answer in English. I understand it perfectly, and minored in it in college, but don’t practice speaking very frequently.) You can follow friends through the app, and it’s always good inspiration to practice for a little while each day. 

Fitness:

I took at class here at Sumit Yoga in Tucson, and LOVED it. It’s been a long time since I’ve taken a really hot 60-minute yoga class. (Usually if I practice yoga it’s slightly warm and 60 minutes.) About two of the class blocks were Bikram-inspired, and it felt good to go back to poses I used to love so dearly. (In a weird way. Like I enjoy having zero amount of dry clothes on my body since I’m entirely drenched in sweat and struggling to hold poses for 60 seconds, but it felt so amazing when it was over.) 

Sumits

I have a Groupon for this month, so I’m excited to try more of their classes.

Looking for a kettlebell workout? Try this one!

QUICK AND SWEATY KETTLEBELL WORKOUT

Summer workout and chill playlists.

Don’t forget that you can still get 21 days of Les Mills On Demand for free with my link here! Try BODYPUMP, Grit, or BODY ATTACK. They’re all so good and perfect for end-of-summer travel or catching a quick workout at home. Check out my full review here.

Les mills on demand 2

Fashion + beauty:

So many great pieces still in stock for the Nordstrom Sale, like these cozy joggers, my fave leggings ever, this everyday v-neck, this gorgeous pendant (perfect holiday gift), the best pajamas, and my very fave bra. Some of my top picks from this years’ sale have sold out, so I’m happy that they still have a variety of sizes in stock for some of my beloved staples. 

If you’ve been wanting to try the new Countertime, it’s now officially on the site as a full regimen. Check it out here! If you start with one item, I would do the serum or the supreme cream.  

Read, watch, listen:

Raise your hand if you cried watching the new Mister Rogers trailer.

Do you have a personal ritual?

5 things to stop doing when you’re struggling.

“When you stop thinking about what people think of you, you do what is needed to be done to achieve your goals without a second thought.”

“Whole Place Locked” by So Dope and 5ILVA came up on my Spotify playlist and really put some pep in my workout step. 

Life lessons we can learn from our pets.

 

Caro baro

Good eats:

This breakfast! 4 liquid egg whites, 1 whole egg, nutritional yeast and sriracha + a Mikey’s English muffin with Kite Hill cream cheese, Everything But the Bagel seasoning, and leftover asparagus. 

 

Egg muffin asparagus

Can’t wait to try these zucchini muffins.

Dessert is served. 

 

Happy Friday!

xo

Gina

The post Friday Faves appeared first on The Fitnessista.



from The Fitnessista https://ift.tt/32TkeBm
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts