Thursday, March 1, 2018

P’s 2-year update

Hi friends! Hope you’re enjoying the week. Wednesdays are our craziest day (we have a weekly appointment, P has swim, I teach two classes, and we basically run around all day) but when I crash into bed Wednesday night, I’m always like “I DID IT” and the rest of the week feels like smooth sailing. I thought I’d pop in today and share a 2 1/2 year update for Miss P… since I missed her 2 year birthday post and have some catching up to do here on the blog!  

Miss p is 2 1 2

(She was sick for her 2nd birthday – it was horrible – and there was no way I could write a recap or real birthday post when she needed meds and snuggles. I’m glad she got to celebrate before she came down with an ear infection.)

Disney

When people meet P for the first time, they have a hard time believing she’s “only two.” She’s not even 2 1/2 or almost 3.. she’s 2. And she talks a LOT. She’s also incredibly tall (off the growth charts!) so many people think she’s 3 or 4. 

She also thinks she’s older.

Miss p rose

“P, how old are you?”

“Umm, I five.”

“No, silly. You’re two!”

“No, you wrong, mama. I five.”

Some things about Miss P:

-She is a bundle of energy. It blows my mind how much energy she has, and how she can go, go, go until she crashes completely. When we go to Disney, I always expect her to fall asleep in the stroller because we stay out much later, but no, she’s still going and chatting her little face off at 10pm. When we take late-night road trips, Liv is usually fast asleep in her carseat, and P talks the whole way to Atlanta. 

-Since she’s so verbal, she’s really clear about what she likes and dislikes. This is a good thing, because you always know what she wants, but it can also be a challenge when she decides she really wants something and can’t have it at that moment. We’re still working on the whole patience thing.

Sisters

-She’s obsessed with the dogs and is super sweet with animals. She pets them super gently and they give her little kisses.

-She’s also the biggest snuggler, which makes us feel like she’s still our “baby,” even though she’s getting so big. She always wants us to hold her and cuddle on the couch with her.

Snuggle queen

When she was an itty bitty baby, I’d often snuggle with her on her bed before putting her into her crib for bed or naptime.

Nap w miss p

(A blurry pic of those early days.)

I knew I had to savor it because she was our last baby, so I’d smell her baby hair, and lie with my forehead resting against hers. She’d do her big gummy smiles at me until she got snoozy, and I’d place her in the crib. 

She still does the exact same thing, and it’s one of my favorite parts of the day. We lie together and usually try to not laugh when she pushes her face up against mine, and I sing her songs and tickle her hair until she’s tired enough for me to sneak out of her room. Getting to relax with her before her nap is my chance stop everything and chill. 

-Sleep-wise, we made a huge adjustment over the past week: Liv and P are sharing Liv’s room, and also sharing Liv’s bed. We were tinkering with the idea of moving P into Liv’s room (and moving the toddler bed in there. P was previously sleeping on a queen in her own room), because Liv wakes up afraid almost every night. We thought if she had a buddy in there, she might not be scared. Well, while we were in San Diego, the girls shared the pull-out bed in our hotel living room and it was like MAGIC. Liv slept through the night, and stayed in bed, almost every night we were there! We were like, “Done. Guess who’s sharing a bed now?” 

They’ve been sleeping in Liv’s bed, and while I’m not sure how long it will last (and I probably jinxed everything by writing about it right now), but we’re rolling with it. 

-The girls are officially “friends” now, and it’s the best thing ever. They play outside after school every day, riding their Power Wheels and scooters, chase each other around, and lie on the couch watching movies. I could tell that Liv was initially confused about the whole having another baby thing, but she’ll often tell me, “I’m so glad you gave me my sister. She’s my favorite person in the whole world.”  

Bffs

Some of P’s favorite things:

-Baths

-The playground

-Riding her scooter

-Her Elena costume

-Emptying the dishwasher (start ‘em young!)

-Chatting about life

-Trying to ditch her nap

-Gymnastics

-The My Little Pony Movie Soundtrack 

Dislikes:

-Swim class (she has been asking to take lessons since we got here, so I finally signed her up. She started this week and cried the whole time. Poor goose.)

-When bathtime is over

-Being told, “Not right now”

-Taking off her Elena dress 

Fave toys and books:

-P is really into the older books that my mom has given the girls over time. She really loves Jean Ellen Learns To Swim, Doctor Dan, A Day at the Seashore, and Nurse Nancy. She also still loves anything Eric Carle, Llama, Llama and this Siesta book. 

-Coloring! I wasn’t sure when she’d enjoy coloring, and now she’ll sit at the table with crayons and a coloring book for quite a while.

-She loves dressing up, and is almost always in her Elena costume. (I recently got her a Moana costume from Placard Original and can’t.wait. for her to see it!) She’s also really into playing pretend – she runs a lemonade stand like a pro – and playing with small dolls like these small Disney princesses.

-She also loves anything she can tinker with or take apart. These activity boards are a huge hit. (If you know of anything similar, please let me know!) She’s also into puzzles, like these wooden ones.

And just for kicks, a blast from the past pic of baby P:

Miss p in her romper

And just look at her now. <3

Tiny ballerina

So lucky to be a mama to these amazing girls. <3

More Miss P updates:

Baby Penelope is here! 

Penelope’s birth story part 1

The birth story: part 2

1-month update

2 months old

3 months old

4 months old

6 months old

7 months old

10 months old

11-month update

1st birthday party

2nd birthday fiesta

The post P’s 2-year update appeared first on The Fitnessista.



from The Fitnessista http://ift.tt/2F5b6Nv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts