Friday, May 17, 2019

Friday Faves

Hi friends! Happy Friday! What are you up to this weekend? Any fun plans? I’ll be earning some cool mom points by taking Livi to the Jojo Siwa concert. She’s SO EXCITED about it and I’m looking forward to an adventure with Liv (She even gave me permission to do my “mom dancing” at the concert, lol.) She had such an amazing year at school and I thought it would be a fun little treat to celebrate the end of 1st grade.

Peonies

We’ve had a bit to celebrate lately. The Pilot has had good news on the commercial airline front and we’re beyond thrilled and thankful. He’s worked incredibly hard his entire aviation career, and I’m so proud of him. Kyle, Meg, the kiddos, and Madre came over to hang out last night, and of course, we had cake and sang, “For He’s Jolly Good Fellow.” 😉 More details to come soon!

There was also cheese board,

Cheese board life

Uncle Eric’s famous pasta salad,

Pasta salad

and Kyle made some trout his friend had caught the previous day at Mt. Lemmon, and roasted some veggies we had in the fridge.

Trout and veg

Madre also brought a variety of delicious desserts from Beyond Bread.

The cousins all ran around playing together and we had a wonderful dinner. Much of the evening was spent huddled around the cheese board, talking, and drinking wine. It got late and baby August was tired, so I did the bounce walk with him in the formal living room and he crashed like a sleepy noodle in my arms. These nights are my very favorite.

Baby august snuggle

The rest of the weekend will undoubtedly include more celebrating with the rest of the family, and finishing our packing for the cruise. I made a list but haven’t actually packed anything because I felt overwhelmed, but there’s no more avoiding it.

It’s time for the weekly Friday Faves party! Here are some of my favorite eats, reads, wears, etc. from the week – I’d love to hear about anything that’s making you smile in the comments section. 

Fashion + beauty:

These shoes look just like the Gucci loafers but way less expensive.

– My favorite army green jacket got a giant tear in it, so I picked this one for a replacement.

– I have just a little bit of an obsession with Color Intense lipstick. All five of these were in my purse. 

ACS 0357

Good eats:

– Trying recipes from “Cook Once, Eat All Week.” It was such a breeze to spend an hour-ish cooking on Monday and then assemble dinners for the next few nights. The Pilot was out of town, and I was surprised by how much the girls loved the meals. The chicken tettrazini and it was a huge hit: 

Chicken tettrazini

– Organifi golden milk latte. This has become my new favorite before-bed ritual. It has magnesium, which helps me sleep, and reishi, which is my favorite mushroom for combatting anxiety. I’ll make a cup of hot almond milk, stir in a scoop of this, and read in bed until it’s time to crash. 

Organifi

Chocolate chip meringues from Trader Joe’s. They’re so light and crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. 

IMG 9309

A simple summer pasta salad recipe.

Can’t wait to try this Instant Pot recipe.

 

Random and read, watch, listen:

Really enjoy the new Snapchat filters, especially the ones that will filter you to look like the opposite sex.

I’m pretty much a missing Jonas brother:

Geno jonas

and the Pilot looks like the nicest mom ever. 

Tom the mom

Our friend Scott had some fun with this filter and has gone viral! Check out the hilarious video here. It’s at 5M views right now. 

How to make the weekend seem longer.

I’m on board with this.

Fitness:

Les Mills On Demand. I’ll share a full review in an upcoming post, but I’m loving the updated Les Mills On Demand. Since Tom was gone, I worked out at home a lot this week, and it was a fun way to shake up my usual workouts. I took a BODYATTACK class and it crushed me! I can’t wait to try another one. If you want to check it out, my referral link is here!

Fascinating insight on why some people may be able to stick to their health goals more closely.

Bad to the Barre Weekend! I’m teaming up with my friend Erin from Bad Yogi to share some barre and barre-inspired yoga moves on Instagram this weekend. The first one starts on her page today! Make sure you’re following us to join in the fun and also enter to win a pretty awesome prize pack.

IMG 9316

P and I are off for a little nature walk and then going to head to the museum. Hope you have a wonderful day and I’ll see ya soon!
xo

Gina 

The post Friday Faves appeared first on The Fitnessista.



from The Fitnessista http://bit.ly/2WhHrg9
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts