Sunday, January 13, 2019

Specificity

Beginners can make adaptations across the board, but experienced athletes will have to sacrifice something to achieve a desired outcome.

We have a saying here: everything costs something. If you want to enhance some part of your performance, you should be prepared to suffer some short term (or even long term) consequences to other aspects of fitness and performance. There is almost always a trade off.

 

In my case, I decided over the summer (as I was fixing a problem with my nutrition) that it would be an ideal time to focus on building some size and strength. In late 2016 I injured my back and really hadn't been able to do much weight training through most of 2017.

read more



from Breaking Muscle http://bit.ly/2slZFw8
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speedster Jump Rope HIIT Workout

  Workout equipment: Jump rope Workout type: 12 Minute Timer setting: 18 x :10 x :30 1. High knees w/ jump rope ...

Popular Posts